Friday 15 August 2014

AMAZING INTERVIEW


CHECK WHO IS UNDER THE SPOTLIGHT!

Guess you want to know who this pretty lady is? Not long ago, I had a chitchat with this fashionable, pretty and brilliant woman. Her name is Deborah Atta Konadu and she lives in Accra, the capital city of Ghana. She happens to be a product of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science And Technology and works as a construction procurement officer. I have known her for quite awhile now and I feel very much impressed with her steady development as a Christian and her general outlook in life. She is one person who makes sure to take life seriously but at the same time spices it up with lots of fun and laughter as she goes along. I tried to satisfy my curiosity and find enough about her as well as get her to confess what she thought of as the most important thing for a person to focus on now. And here is how things turned out:
Frances: My dear you are welcome to turquoise dream!
Deborah: Thank you.
Frances: If you had a chance to share something with a lot of people now what will it be?
Deborah: Wow! Well, let's talk about eternity then!
Frances: Eternity? You have caught me off guard.  Care to elaborate?
Deborah: Eternity is a place everyone will go to after they die. Some will spend it with the Lord, others in hell away from the Lord!
Frances: Now there are so many other things to think about and talk about right now so why think about this eternity now?
Deborah: I was reading an article about heaven and hell and it really got me scared and sad.
Frances: Why?
Deborah: It got me looking at my life, my motives for doing stuff etc. I realized my mind and motives for doing things were not right.  I have somehow come to love the praises of men and it makes me wonder how many good works of mine have become straw because I received the praises of men. I realize that I need to set things right if I want to make heaven and also have my works survive the test of God.
Frances: So has anything changed since?
Deborah: Well I prayed to God and He told me that my mind was not right. As for wanting to set things right, He continued that the only way for what I am feeling and planning to last is to pray to have a revelation of His love, the height, depth, width, breadth of it. The lamb deserves the reward of his suffering. I am working on that now.
Frances: Yes he does. But I would want you to help our audience out there more on this eternity issue. I know nobody wants to end up in hell, so how does a person secure his place in heaven?
Deborah: The only way to end up with God in heaven is through believing in his only begotten son Jesus as your Lord and savior. Believe that he died for your sins and accept His lordship over your life. Also you need to learn to live in God's will .
Frances:  That's so true. You just mentioned two things that qualifies us for heaven, believing in Jesus and living in God's will. Someone might have already done the first but how does an individual determine God's will for his life?
Deborah: The will of God can be a mystery but one can determine the will of God by praying and then trusting God to take care of all the rest. Jesus had to pray three hours in the garden to establish the will of God. After Jesus prayed, you realize he didn't do anything , events just played out and he went with the flow. Bible says in all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your path.
Frances: Brilliant. I think I love the latter portion about acknowledging Him and He directing our. A lot of people struggle with God's will. But this makes it very simple. I understand this scripture as this, if a person learns to daily acknowledge God, God Himself will direct the person's path into His will.
Deborah: Yes. And I also believe we will know God's will if we have a relationship with Him more. Jesus had a relationship with God. When we read the gospels, we see Jesus always talking to his Father in prayer. We should do the same. There is a testimony I want to share on God's will in ministry.
Frances: Please go ahead.
Deborah: I heard a testimony of a woman in Kenneth Hagen's book, the Holy Spirit and his gifts. She said they used to go out and evangelize but they always hit the wall, so they changed their strategy and spent time with God in prayer till they were now being led to go out to minister. They had many wonderful experiences. In one, God led them to a sick woman's house. The woman was praying and God told her people will be coming to her. The end of  the story she got healed and God used that healing to do His own thing.
Frances: Wow. Things often end in a glorious manner when we seek God's will and follow through with it. Now, how about you? Do you also have a personal story to share on God's will?
Deborah: Yes I do. I remember that while I was on Knust campus I was led to put aside some money and post it to a small girl in class 5. Wonderfully, this turned out to be an answer to her prayer. Not knowing it was exams time and the girl was being sacked for fees. The money got to the school at the right time and really helped her out. If we learn to pray for God to lead us and guide us He can make us a blessing.
Frances: That we really have to. Thank you so much for sharing this personal story. You know, we have so much peace when we do God's will and people are often saved because when we reach out to do God's will.  Now let's move to personal stuff. What is your favorite color, food and hobby?
Deborah: Hmm lol, I used to love brown, but I have fallen in love with purple lately.
As for food, hmm. I am a rice lady. And for my hobby, I like to compose songs and teach kids.
Frances:  That's nice. But as for the hobby aspect I knew children would pop up somewhere. And I have been itching to find out why you love the children's ministry and children so much? You love to go visit orphans, you like to organize them to teach them songs etc why?
Deborah: I don't even know why. I believe God has just put the desire there. All I see is that I love kids. I want them to know God and be led by him so they do not make unnecessary mistakes. I also want them to do exploits for the Lord in their schools once they get to know God by getting others to know the Lord. You know, kids can reach out to themselves so easily. They are not like adults that have so much defenses. And I also believe in catch them young and  they will forever be yours. lol!
Frances: Hahaha. So very true. Kids are in fact very good evangelists. They don't forget things easily. And once they get to know something good they have a way of spreading it around.
Deborah: Sure! For example, when there is a crusade, the people who come first are the kids. Sometimes the adults do not pay attention to them. But just imagine a crusade just for kids with choreography, word and then a Sunday school with anointed teachers. Wow! So many social vices will reduce!
Frances: There you go with your passion for them. It is infectious. Yes, indeed you are on the right track and I share your passion and enthusiasm. May God help you in this dimension.
Deborah: Amen
Frances: Now, by the way, which minister of the gospel do you most admire and why?
Deborah: I have a couple of them. Joyce Meyer is one. She gets me to get my fruit right. Bishop Dag Heward Mills makes me want to work for the Lord all day long lol!  And there is also my pastor, Bishop Eddy Addy who makes me love the ministry.
Frances: Those are really good mentors you picked. Tell us, what about your favorite song?
Deborah: I do not have a favorite song but I love Hillsong. They bring me to my knees in worship.
Frances: Do you have a vision in your mind about the future in terms of your life and ministry?
Deborah: My vision is to preach, teach in the way God wants me, either known or unknown, to get the word out there. I also want to build a school for kids where I pray God will use me and others to make the kids giants for God. Right now I just want to get myself right with God, develop my roots in his word, because a man cannot give what he doesn't have.
Frances: Yes dear, no man can give out what he does not have. I believe our audience out there have been much inspired by you and this interview is turning out a blessing to many. May the Lord keep you, use you and continue to bless you. Thanks for sharing!
Deborah: Thanks to you too! You have made my day!
Frances: Bye my lovely audience. It's really been nice talking to this wonderful lady who happens to be still single. If you want a chance to be featured in my next interview, write to me through my email address: Cleaoaba@yahoo.com or Glcfran@gmail.com Get the chance to share what you feel passionate about right now, especially in terms of the Christian cycle. Who knows, the knowledge you possess might be the blessing someone has just been praying about.  

No comments: