Sunday 28 June 2015

SURVIVING AS THE FITTEST

Image result for a tree
Mr. Seidu is his name and everyone knows he is a difficult person to get along with. So when I got to know he was going to be my team leader for my current assignment I felt so much  disappointed. How was I going to survive being under such a man who would easily get upset over nothing and someone who was so loud? How was I going to function under a man who saw imperfection in others more than in himself? But then I had no choice than to succumb to the powers that be that had placed me under his authority.

The first day I was supposed to meet with him, my fears about him were confirmed. After frantic efforts to reach him failed, I was finally honored with a response from him. He was willing to meet me if I could make it early enough.  Not wanting any trouble,I left everything I was doing and rushed to the location he gave only to be forced to wait for him because another person was with him. What I thought would be a short while turned into hours of waiting. At last, it got to my turn to see him but then he  called off our meeting and rescheduled it for another day. I managed to keep my cool outward though I was really fuming on the inside. What a waste he had made of my day. But he looked like he was enjoying everything going on. I wondered what in the world would make a man delight in another man's suffering.  As for the colleague he had attended to, he told me right after his meeting that he had decided to quit the team since he couldn't take Mr. Seidu frustrations anymore.

Did I also quit?
Often in life, there are people who will frustrate you till you are brought to a point where you may want to quit what you are doing just to have your peace of mind. Decide not to quit for anybody as long as you know what you are doing and where you are going. A woman told me how she quit school when she was young to go into trading because a teacher had been harsh towards her. She regrets that she could not read now.

I have had to readjust myself to accommodate a lot of things in life instead of quitting when pushed to the wall. I am determined to be among those who survive as fittest. What about you? When life hits you hard inviting you to quit, know that it is one of life's means of determining who is worthy to progress  to the next level. Be like a tree which refuses to be uprooted by the force of just any wind. Don't easily quit but be among those who always #survive #as #the #fittest.

No comments: